- Collaborated with design director to create original photography.
- Created images for home page heros, email marketing, app home screen, etc.
- Pre Production and scheduling is a must.
- The day moves fast. With multiple talents and multiple locations, stay on track.
- When working with non-professional models, directing and coaching is key.
Carpenters Code is a fellowship of technologists from Silicon Valley seeking to bring people closer to God through digital media and applications. Our flagship product is Abide, a leading Christian prayer and meditation platform used by over 1M people in 200 countries.
Abide has been using stock photography and wanted to create some original photography for their website and app. Most of the stock photography did not communicate their message and product. With my help and the collaboration of the design director, we were determined to create beautiful imagery that spoke the brand.
We needed to capture market friendly images of a group of 25-35 year olds of various backgrounds using Android and iPhones in prayerful postures.
Our challenge was that we needed to be able to illustrate that:
- Abide is a mobile app.
- It has to do with prayer/meditation.
- It is an audio experience.
- It is easy to do.
- You can pray anytime, anywhere.
We made sure we had a good variety of male and female, ethnicity, iphone and android devices and earbuds/headphones.